Thursday June 27, 2019
The itinerary is being firmed up. We knew four of the main places we wanted to work and share (Manila, Lopez, General Aguinaldo, and Cebu) but the question has been how to best line up the days in those places, and to pick from the many incredible options involved in these decisions. A lot has to do with timing of the in-country travel involved. Pray for good weather and good health for the extensive traveling involved. Here’s a basic outline we have at this time of what we would like to do:
- Thursday, July 11: DEPARTURE. Leave for Austin about 2:30am. First flight at 7am.
- Friday, July 12: MANILA. Arrive at 7:55pm, and head for Wilkey’s apartment with Philip Dumawa.
- Saturday, July 13 – Monday, July 15: LOPEZ. Drive to Lopez on Saturday. Fellowship Saturday night. Teach/preach Sunday, and outreach on Monday.
- Tuesday, July 16 – Wednesday, July 17: MANILA. Drive back to Manila early Tuesday morning. Outreach in Sampaloc district, and teach classes there.
- Thursday, July 18 – Sunday, July 21: GENERAL AGUINALDO, DIFFUN, ETC. Fly to Cauayan Thursday morning and set up base in General Aguinaldo at the Bible study center. Class/work in Diffun Thursday evening. Area-wide youth gathering Friday and Saturday in General Aguinaldo (80-100 youths). Sunday morning, potential preaching in different areas within driving distance of General Aguinaldo. Sunday afternoon, visit region congregations (Ubao, Potia, others).
- Monday, July 22: Monday: MANILA. Long drive to Manila this day.
- Tuesday, July 23 – Wednesday, July 24: CEBU. Fly to Cebu in morning. Class in the Bible study center there, pass out literature, and fellowship with the missionaries there through Wednesday evening.
- Thursday, July 25: MANILA. Fly back to Manila.
- Friday, July 26: DEPARTURE. Board plane to begin the 22 hour trip home.
Comments are turned off for this article.